Boxing icon Muhammad Ali has passed away leaving a sizeable estate and the Daily Mail recently reported on what is currently known about his estate in "Ali's family to spar over his $50million fortune: Fourth wife Lonnie will act as executor as his NINE children, exes and brother prepare to enter the ring for a slice of inheritance."
The known details include:
- It is believed that Ali's fourth wife, Lonnie, will act as the executor of his estate.
- His known potential heirs include nine children, a brother and his ex-wives. However, it is not currently known which if any of them will inherit a portion of Ali's estate or how much. For that reason, it is not currently possible to know whether a challenge to his estate plan is likely.
- It is estimated that Ali's net worth at the time of his passing was approximately $50 million.
- Up until the time of his death Ali continued to earn money through the company he founded, GOAT LLC. However, he sold the majority of the company a few years ago and retained only a 20% interest in it.
- His estate also includes property in Arizona and Kentucky. It is also possible that his estate will include memorabilia from his fighting days that could potentially be worth millions.
For more information visit my Wichita KS Estate Planning Attorney website
Reference: Daily Mail (June 2, 2016) "Ali's family to spar over his $50million fortune: Fourth wife Lonnie will act as executor as his NINE children, exes and brother prepare to enter the ring for a slice of inheritance."